Programs and Events
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Place: Richview Farms / Bunker Hill Organic Creamery
Address: 167 Bunker Hill Road, Cossayuna
Open House at Bunker Hill Organic Creamery/Richview Farms
Join the Agricultural Stewardship Association (ASA) and the Alliance for the Creative Economy (ACE) for "Fall on the Farm,” an afternoon at Richview Farms. Conserved in 2018, Dan and Erin Richards are celebrating their decision to protect their family farm and the opening of Bunker Hill Organic Creamery, Washington County's newest organic creamery. The Richards family invite you to tour their farm and learn why protecting their 164 acres as forever farmland was important to them.
You'll be able to sample delicious Bunker Hill Organic Creamery milk (white, chocolate and maple) and taste cheeses from the Argyle Cheese Farmer. Bring the whole family for a fun afternoon that includes:
- Meeting Dan and Erin Richards, owners of Bunker Hill Organic Creamery and Richview Farms and their partner in the creamery, Kyle DePew.
- Going behind the scenes to see their creamery, robotic milking machines, barn, cows, calf hutches and more.
- Cheese tasting with Dave and Marge Randles, owners of Argyle Cheese Farmer. Learn about the cheese-making process while you sample their incredible products. Cheese will be available for purchase, so you can continue the sampling from home.
- Pumpkin carving - Have fun carving your Halloween jack-o-lantern on the farm. Pumpkins are $5 each. Stencils and carving tools will be provided.
- Enjoy apple pie and apple cider - available for purchase - made with locally grown apples, while you take in the beautiful vistas surrounding the farm. Homemade chili by the cup featuring Richview Farms organic meats will also be available for sale. It’s a great way to spend a Sunday Funday!
Cost: FREE for Tour, Milk and Cheese Sampling
$5 for Pumpkin Carving
Chili, Apple Pie and Cider available for purchase
Wear appropriate footwear - booties will be provided for viewing the creamery