Join Our Team
Annual Fund Associate
Agricultural Stewardship Association (ASA) is a nonprofit land trust that protects our community’s working landscape of farms and forests, connects people to the land, and promotes a vibrant future for agriculture in the region. The Annual Fund Associate will incorporate the practice and promotion of ASA’s core values, which include a passion for farmland conservation, respect, integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem-solving, a “can do” attitude, confidentiality, professionalism and acting in the organization’s best interest.
The Annual Fund Associate is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Annual Fund Program. The position also entails assisting with supporting the Executive Director and office management. This full-time salaried position reports to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include the following:
ANNUAL FUND PROGRAM MANAGER (60%)
- Processes all gifts and thank you acknowledgments with complete accuracy and in a timely manner (typically within 48 hours of the time and date of receipt) using DonorPerfect fundraising software.
- Manages the mailings for solicitations, programs, events and special announcements; ensures all necessary systems are in place to complete outreach and gift appeals/processing in a timely and professional manner.
- Handles all gifts of stock to ensure the timely and accurate transfer of securities in accordance with the donor’s wishes.
- Manages the online giving process, capturing and processing all donations made through ASA’s website.
- Manages matching gifts through the timely completion and submission of required forms, entering potential gifts as pledges in the system, and monitoring the process to ensure matching gifts are received and recorded.
- Maintains database integrity and gift lists, donor/member records related to types of gifts, pledges, restrictions, due dates, gift histories and mailing lists. Ensure there is cross-training with other staff on the donor database system.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all data fields where information is available.
- Generates donor reports and documentation of gifts at the request of the Executive Director and development team.
- Provides donor research as requested.
- Organizes, coordinates and maintains the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
- Works with bookkeeper to reconcile gift information on a monthly basis, resolving any discrepancies and inconsistencies.
- Organizes and coordinates volunteers for mailings, events, outreach programs and other ASA’s needs. Ensures timely thank you notes, letters and acknowledgments to all volunteers.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SUPPORT (25%)
- Assistance to the Executive Director as needed. May include, but is not limited to, handling preparation for board and committee meetings including scheduling, compiling board packets, mailings, and providing refreshments at meetings. Prepare materials for new board members prior to orientation.
- Helps provide logistical support with scheduling appointments, organizing and coordinating ASA’s fundraising events and outreach programs.
- Helps draft correspondence, maintains records/filing systems in accordance with records management policy, and provides ASA board committee support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT (15%)
- Helps greet and guide office visitors to the appropriate staff and respond to requests for information. Answer phones and distribute messages.
- Manages voice-mail system and office mail per ASA’s protocols. Maintains external and internal organizational calendar of meetings, events, publications and mailings.
- Ensures a well-run office including maintaining inventory and oversee ordering of office supplies and organizational literature. Research and tracks prices for supplies and equipment. Runs errands as needed.
- Reconciles credit card statement with purchase log and receipts.
- Serves as IT liaison coordinating assistance as needed.
- Strong computer skills with specific experience using donor database software programs. Requires more than basic knowledge of fundraising software programs such as DonorPerfect, Tapestry and Raiser’s Edge.
- Must understand computer systems design and be proficient in conducting data queries and running reports.
- An understanding of, or experience in, the field of fundraising/development.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word required.
- Understanding of bookkeeping reconciliation procedures.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely accurate, and have high-level interpersonal skills.
- The ability to maintain equanimity and good humor in the face of varied requests and questions from staff members is essential.
- The ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- The ability to attend several weekend events a year and occasional evening events.
- Associate degree or higher; two to four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience involving considerable computer work, nonprofit fundraising/development experience.
- Strong passion for land conservation and commitment to ASA’s mission and success;
- Inspires trust and is able to keep sensitive information confidential;
- Is able to work effectively in rural and urban communities;
- Strong work ethic and focused on success;
- Demonstrates high integrity and commitment to goals;
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving attributes: drive, energy and creativity;
- Enjoys working alone and as part of a team;
- Enjoys and deploys an appropriate sense of humor.
- Requires ability to work in different environments, including spending up to 8 hours in the office at a computer, on the phone or in meetings with intermittent walking, standing, bending, squatting, and climbing stairs. Some modest walking at farms and event venues also required;
- Must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license with insurance.
- Job is Monday to Friday at ASA’s office from 9 to 5 or as approved.
Send resume and cover letter to Renee Bouplon, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. The deadline for applications is May 31st.
Anticipate job starting in early June.
Compensation: Full-time with benefits