Programs and Events
Due to COVID-19 we are limiting our events to outdoor gatherings and virtual programs until further notice.
We have created several videos that highlight our work in the community. Please visit our YouTube Channel and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about ASA and take a virtual farm tour of one of our conserved properties.
Be the first to know - Special Events, sneak previews, educational workshops. Directly to your inbox. Join the ASA mailing list located at the bottom of this page.
Time: 9:00 - 11:00 am
Place: via Zoom
Address: will be emailed after registration
Everything You Need to Know About Agricultural Acreage and More!
Do you work with agricultural lands? - A virtual workshop for realtors
- Which properties are eligible for farm “exemptions”
- What are the differences between agricultural districts and agricultural zoning
- Why knowing about local zoning is important
- Matching suitable properties for prospective buyers
- Section 310 of Article 25 AA NYS Agricultural Districts Law concerning disclosure
- Mapping resource tools available and how to better utilize them
- Community agriculture profiles
- What is a conservation easement and how it affects the property
Contact Janet Britt via email or call our office at (518) 692-7285
Support for this program is provided through a grant coordinated by American Farmland Trust and funded by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets as part of the Farmland for a New Generation New York (FNG NY) initiative. ASA and Dutchess County CCE participate in a network of Regional Navigators as part of FNG NY.